4 MTU 16V 652 TB61 diesel engines geared to twin shafts. 2-Controllable Pitch Propellers
First port of register
Islamic Republic of Iran Navy
Subsequent owner and registration history
2013 Completed a 33 month refit and recommissioned into the Iranian Navy on 30th November.
Yarrow Shipbuilders at the time was part of British Shipbuilders.
Ordered 07/1977 a sone of 4 sister ships (Yard Nos 1020-1023) for the Imperial Iranian Navy. Construction slowed after the Iranian revolution. 05/10/1984 Delivered as an unarmed Hospital ship after delays due to political embargo. Pennant number 513
Fate / Status
Image courtesy of : Brian Hargreaves
Iranian Landing Ship LAVAN at Scotstoun 1982
Image courtesy of : David S