« « Back

Name Official number Flag IMO
PRINCE COBURG    GBR   
Year built Date launched Date completed
1816     
Vessel type Vessel description
Cargo   Wood Sailing Vessel  Snow
Builder Yard Yard no
unknown builder at Peterhead,    
 

Tonnage Length Breadth Depth Draft
 /  / 221 nm        
Engine builder ,
Engine detail
 

First owner First port of register Registration date
J Skelton, Peterhead     
Other names
PRINCE OF COBURG or PRINCE OF COBOURG 
Subsequent owner and registration history
1824 Capt J Hogg and others
1825 Capt J Frith and others
1833 H Megary & Son, London - reg London 
Vessel history
built for the Tobago trade; also listed as a brig
1825 new keel
1830 new upperworks
1835 rebuilt by Forsyth & Co, Shields: 219nrt
 
Remarks
Name with "OF" commonly seen 
End year Fate / Status
1840  Abandoned  
Disposal Detail
Prev17/11/1840 abandoned, waterlogged, in Atlantic (UK for West Indies); crew taken off by barque SCIENCE (Greenock for Jamaica) and part-transferred to ship INDEPENDENCE (Belfast for New Orleans.
10/4/1841 derelict taken in tow off Spanish coast by barque NAILER (Newcastle for Mediterranean) but lost in storm
4/1841 drifted ashore on Spanish coast near Pasajes 
 

 



« « Back