« « Back

Name Official number Flag IMO
SIMLA  108343  GBR   
Year built Date launched Date completed
1898  10/03/1898   
Vessel type Vessel description
Tug Towing  Steel Screw Steamer 1 mast 
Builder Yard Yard no
Lobnitz & Co., Renfrew West Yard  467 
 

Tonnage Length Breadth Depth Draft
144 grt / 3 nrt / 100.4 ft  20.1 ft  11.3 ft   
Engine builder Lobnitz & Co., Renfrew
Engine detail
Triple expansion 3Cyl (13, 22, 35 x 27in) 99nhp 1-screw 

First owner First port of register Registration date
William Watkins Ltd, London.   London   
Other names
 
Subsequent owner and registration history
Thames tug.
30/07/1914 Admiralty requisition.
21/07/1915 returned to Watkins.
01/02/1950 transferred to Ship Towage (London) Ltd.  
Vessel history

1914 Served at Scapa Flow, Kirkwall, Havre and Rouen before being placed at Sheerness for a time.

1915 Refitted at Grimsby and returned to the Thames to assist in handling shipping there.

1940 Under Admiralty control again and stationed at Dover for four years.  

1944 Took part in the preparations for the D-Day invasion assault on Normandy. 

1964 Broken up by Medway Drydock & Engineering Co, Sheerness.

Before being broken up, she was the oldest ship-towing tug on the Thames.

 
Remarks
 
End year Fate / Status
1964  Broken Up 10/04/1964 
Disposal Detail
 
 

 



« « Back