« « Back

Name Official number Flag IMO
BARONSCOURT  163218  GBR   
Year built Date launched Date completed
1935  10/10/1935  12/1935 
Vessel type Vessel description
Cargo   Steel Screw Steamer  
Builder Yard Yard no
John Lewis & Sons Ltd., Aberdeen Torry  135 
 

Tonnage Length Breadth Depth Draft
869 grt / 456 nrt / 1112 dwt 197.7 ft  30.7 ft  12.1 ft   
Engine builder ,
Engine detail
T.3-cyl. (14½", 25" & 41" x 30") (engine No. 215 / Boiler No. 179). 131 NHP. 10½ Kts. 

First owner First port of register Registration date
John Kelly Ltd., (Wm. Clint, manager), Belfast  Belfast  28/10/1935 
Other names
1952 BALLYKESH 
Subsequent owner and registration history
1952 J. G. Christie appointed as manager.
1955 Douglas Watson appointed as manager.
 
Vessel history
25/10/1935 Builder’s Certificate issued.
27/10/1935 Trials and completed.
28/10/1935 registered at Belfast
02/09/1939 until 04/04/1940 Chartered to the Government.
29/11/1943 until 29/08/1945 Chartered to the Government, during which period she was involved in the supply of munitions and ordnance to Juno Beach, during the D-Day landings 9th – 11th June 1944.
 
Remarks
 
End year Fate / Status
1964  Broken Up  
Disposal Detail
1964 Sold to Van Den Bosch, for demolition at Boom.
25/05/1964 Departed from Swansea for delivery at Antwerp.
22/06/1964 Work commenced.
 
 

 



« « Back