« « Back

Name Official number Flag IMO
DUKE OF ARGYLE    GBR   
Year built Date launched Date completed
1814  06/1814   
Vessel type Vessel description
Passenger   Wood Paddle Steamer  
Builder Yard Yard no
Alexander Martin, Port Glasgow Clune Park Yard   
 

Tonnage Length Breadth Depth Draft
78 grt /  / 47 om 76' 5"  14' 5"  4' 6"   
Engine builder James Cook, Glasgow
Engine detail
14nhp 

First owner First port of register Registration date
James Dick, William Stevenson and William Norval all of Glasgow, with James Cook, engineer, John Gilmour, Robt Gibb, and others of Glasgow and John Freeland of Kirkintilloch.   Glasgow  17/04/1815 
Other names
1815 THAMES 
Subsequent owner and registration history
1815 R Cheesewright & Co, London - reg London
1821 J Brander, J Webb & others, Cowes
1826 John Burder, London
23/05/1829 J Morley & others, Great Yarmouth - reg Yarmouth 
Vessel history
06/1814 Entered service, Glasgow - Greenock - Inveraray.
1815 George Dodd was the master when she was steamed to the Thames via Dublin and Land's End.
14/05/1815 Renamed THAMES and first registered as such.
1821 Briefly on the Solent. 
Remarks
 
End year Fate / Status
1835  Broken Up  
Disposal Detail
24/9/1835 Register closed. 
 

 



« « Back