« « Back

Name Official number Flag IMO
STALWART    GBR  5004881 
Year built Date launched Date completed
1916  Q1/1916  9/1916 
Vessel type Vessel description
Tug   Steel Screw Steamer  
Builder Yard Yard no
Ardrossan Dry Dock & Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Ardrossan The Shipyard  266 
 

Tonnage Length Breadth Depth Draft
164 grt / 1 nrt / 95.5 ft  22.0 ft  12.8 ft  10.9 ft 
Engine builder Aitchison, Blair Ltd., Clydebank
Engine detail
T3cyl 13",21",34"x24" 84nhp 450ihp, 1-screw
(preserved at Rahmi Koc Museum, Istanbul) 

First owner First port of register Registration date
The Admiralty, London     
Other names
1918 SEA DOG - 1919 AGHIOS GEORGIOS - 1983 GEORGIOS 
Subsequent owner and registration history
Ordered by Nicolas E Vernicos
.....
1919 Nicolas E Vernicos, Piraeus - reg Piraeus
19xx Nicholas E. Vernicos Shipping Co, Piraeus  
Vessel history
7/1915 requisitioned by The Admiralty (before launch) and later purchased
1918 renamed to free the name for destroyer HMAS STALWART
1919 transferred to original owner and based at Istanbul
1920 business moved to Piraeus
20/6-2/7/1940 requisitioned by Directorate of Maritime State Transport (ΔΘΚΜ), Greece
5/1941 confiscated by the German Wehrmacht as a salvage tug
19/10/1944 scuttled at Volos
1945 raised, repaired and returned to owners
195x 153grt 12nrt
1980 laid up ashore at Perama
1985 donated to Hellenic Maritime Museum but not taken up
 
Remarks
 
End year Fate / Status
1998  Broken Up  
Disposal Detail
Broken up at Perama
Engine donated to Rahmi Koc Museum at Istanbul 
 

 



« « Back