Designed for service as a mission steamer on Lake Nyasa. The boiler, which is arranged for wood fuel, is of the locomotive type, having 800 square feet heating surface and a working pressure of 150 pounds per square inch. The vessel was erected complete in the Glasgow yard, all the machinery, etc., being fitted on board, and was then taken apart and shipped to Chindi and from thence reshipped to the lake. For a considerable part of the distance the pieces had to be carried by native carriers.
Assembled at Mponda and fitted out at Malindi.
1901 in service Lake Nyasa as school, clinic and church.
1953 Nyasaland/Central African Federation Govt and used for fishing.
1964/1965 Malawi Govt & rebuilt as a ferry with a diesel engine.
1967 Malawi Lake Services.
1992 laid up.
2009 embarked on restoration project intended by 2012 as a floating health care clinic.