« « Back

Name Official number Flag IMO
CLOWN  68631  GBR   
Year built Date launched Date completed
1873  19/10/1872  02/05/1873 
Vessel type Vessel description
Yacht   Wood Sailing Vessel  Yawl
Builder Yard Yard no
Culzean Shipbuilding & Engineering Co. Ltd., Maidens Culzean Castle   
 

Tonnage Length Breadth Depth Draft
13 grt / 13 nrt / 16 tm 39.7 ft  10.2 ft  6.6 ft   
Engine builder ,
Engine detail
 

First owner First port of register Registration date
Archibald Kennedy, Marquis of Ailsa  Ayr  07/05/1873 
Other names
1882 LANNERET 
Subsequent owner and registration history
1874 Arthur Stuart, Cross Bank, Bute
c1877 Charles Lamont, Glasgow
1881 Arthur B Woodd, Hampstead, London
1889 John N Hansen, Leith - reg Granton
1891 Adam Gilles-Smith, North Berwick
c1897 Frank E Guy, Stoke Newington, London
c1902 Stanley H Jones, Ongar, Essex 
Vessel history
17/8/1874 grounded off Kilchattan Bay - in attempting to refloat her during the night, a boy was drowned.
c9/6/1879 reported wrecked off Glen Sannox, Arran; crew and passengers safe - later recovered 
Remarks
At the time this vessel was completed, the Marquis had appointed William Fife as yard manager and a partner. The 1879 Lloyd's Register had Fyfe as builder although William Fife had adopted the spelling by then. Fife probably signed the builder's certificate but perhaps the Marquis thought that was going too far and subsequent registers show the builder as The Marquis of Ailsa. 
End year Fate / Status
1909  Broken Up  
Disposal Detail
 
 

 



« « Back