12/1940 Admiralty requisition - anti-aircraft ship 1943 returned to owners for Ministry of War Transport as a troopship and reverted to her original name 10/1946 returned to owner's control 1955 Kavounides Shipping Co., Piraeus
On completion and after trials in July, taken over by the Admiralty. Initially used for short sea trooping but before the end of 1940 she had been converted to an anti-aircraft ship for the Thames as HMS QUEEN EAGLE. 18/06/1947 arrived at Bristol after refit by Ailsa. 1952 laid up - not commercially viable.
Fate / Status
23/02/1972 badly damaged by fire and beached at Keratsini near Piraeus. 06/03/1972 refloated 02/05/1974 breaking commenced at Lavrion shipyard.