4 Parsons steam turbines supplied by 8 Admiralty 3 drum water tube boilers, 130000shp driving quadruple screws, 30knots.
First port of register
Subsequent owner and registration history
Britain's last battleship she was ordered on March 14th 1941 and launched by HRH Princess Elizabeth, her first such event. She was accepted into the Royal Navy on August 9th 1946. Vanguard acted as Royal Yacht for the Royal Tour of South Africa in 1947. Subsequently flagship of Home Fleet. Decommissioned on June 7th 1960 she was sold for breaking at Faslane. She grounded at the entrance to Portsmouth Harbour when being towed away but was refloated to end her days near to where she was built.
Her main armament 15" mountings were originally fitted in HMS Courageous and HMS Glorious and then kept in reserve for Queen Elizabeth and R Class battleships